Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thaengli/public_html/gegaderung/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thaengli/public_html/gegaderung/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Dalby Forest - 9 July

Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Dalby Forest - 9 July  (Read 2996 times)

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
Dalby Forest - 9 July
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:22:35 PM »
Yorkshire Companions have a stall at the Dalby Forest Family event on 9th July.

This year's event is on the theme of "Footprints" and we will be there is show off Anglo Saxon shoes, talk about why the first man on the moon was really speaking something like Old English, and introducing the Earth-Stepper (Wanderer) to the public at large.

It would be lovely to see other Companions if you happened to be in the area :)

Phyllis

Eanflaed

• Ealdormann
Re: Dalby Forest - 9 July
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:51:32 PM »
Do I have to wear my veil??

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
depends how you feel about the manure...
Phyllis

Eanflaed

• Ealdormann
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 12:02:03 AM »
What manure? You're not going to chuck it at me are you??? I am Eanfl├Žd of Northumbria, one of the first christians in the North, the wearing of veils is not yet compulsory!

Specially when the flipping thing keeps sliding off my hair ;D

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
No- you're safe until Stamford Bridge  :P

In fact I may also shamelessly "drop the veil" for these events. Too flippin' hot!
Phyllis

Eanflaed

• Ealdormann
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 12:11:34 AM »
Ooer Phyllis! Two light women together! ;D

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 08:37:11 AM »
get a third and you could say we have a movement. Where's Alice? (this is showing my age!)
Phyllis