Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thaengli/public_html/gegaderung/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Battle Wreath 2018

Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Battle Wreath 2018  (Read 367 times)

David

• Hlaford
Battle Wreath 2018
« on: September 25, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »
I had to make this post to put in on the calendar.

We are meeting at the Abbey Hotel for lunch at 12 30 on Monday Octoberber 15th and laying the wreath at  2 pm. The Fellowship will pay entry for attending members.

Several members from Sussex have expressed interest.

David

• Hlaford
Re: Battle Wreath 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »
The wreath laying went very well with ten of us there and no rain. I would like to thank all those who turned up.

Eanflaed

• Ealdormann
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 11:11:58 PM »
Glad there was such a good turn out David, did you get any photos??

David

• Hlaford
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:45 PM »
Here is a photograph that Margaret Rumble took of Andy Smith laying the wreath. I have cut it down so it can be posted.

There were eight Sussex companions there and Margaret has agreed to be their scīrġerēfa.

Eanflaed

• Ealdormann
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »
Well done to Margaret!