Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Looking for Documents  (Read 2813 times)

ChasGunter

• ceorl
Looking for Documents
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »
Dear members,
This is a long-shot but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I want to research the late 9th and early 10th century Anglo-Saxon England. The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle does not have what I am looking for so I am trying to find other sources. If anyone has any suggestions as to where I might find original (or transcripts of original) documents, I would receive them gratefully.
 Kind regards
Charlie

peter

• gesith
Re: Looking for Documents
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »
I don't know what you are after but charters are often a good source of info: http://www.aschart.kcl.ac.uk/index.html  I hope this works as Cambridge are decommissioning some of their sites.

John Nicholas Cross

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:49:14 AM »
'English Historical Documents', vol. 1.  500-1042AD. by Dorothy Whitelock.   Is a mine of transcripts of contemporary documents etc.

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 12:09:23 PM »
Phyllis