Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: On This Day updates now on website  (Read 1175 times)

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Ealdormann
On This Day updates now on website
« on: September 18, 2021, 09:18:47 AM »
Those of you who read them will have spotted that I have not been posting the weekly Facebook Favourite here - that's because I have started transferring the posts to the main website and you can now see everything there instead. So now it's much easier if you do not use the Book of Face to read the articles.

There is an "On This Day" section in the menus under "Events in Anglo-Saxon Times", and I am putting up a page for each month (about 2/3 of the way through at present!). Other articles are being added under relevant headings.

It would be lovely to know if there is anything people particularly want to see adding, and I can take a look to see what I have among the Facebook articles and past Withowinde pieces. (There are some obvious gaps I will be working on filling, never fear!).

Drop me an email - contact details in front cover of Withowinde - to let me know, or suggest things here for a general chat about what people want :)
Phyllis

Locian

• ceorl
Re: On This Day updates now on website
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 06:03:51 PM »
That's a good idea.  I don't have a Book of Face account.  So this is perfect for the likes of me.
Þurh þone wudu Locian

David

• Ealdormann
Re: On This Day updates now on website
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 08:52:00 AM »
Thank you Phyllis.
I shall find this very useful.