Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Emma of Normandy talk - Wednesday June 15th  (Read 288 times)

Norman Yoke

• ceorl
Emma of Normandy talk - Wednesday June 15th
« on: June 04, 2022, 11:17:12 AM »
Morning all,

Back in February I gave a talk about Lady Godiva for the organisation History Indoors. In just under a couple of weeks I'll be giving another talk, this time on Emma of Normandy. Details should be in the forthcoming Withowinde, but I thought I'd add them here too. The talk will take place online via Zoom on Wednesday June 15th at 7pm. Sign up for free via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/who-was-emma-of-normandy-tickets-272181511227?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Best wishes,
Steven

David

• Ealdormann
Re: Emma of Normandy talk - Wednesday June 15th
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 09:02:00 AM »
Thank you. I have signed up.

peter

• thegn
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »
     Harriet O'Brien's  'Queen Emma and the Vikings', (if you haven't read it), is a good book to compliment any talk on 'multi-queen' Emma.  They used to do a digital copy of the Ecomium Emma Regina in the British Library if you have a 'readers' pass.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:03:10 PM by peter »

Norman Yoke

• ceorl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 10:28:00 AM »
Thank you David for signing up and Peter for your suggestions! Thankfully Suffolk libraries have a copies of a couple of books on Emma, including the first you mentioned, that I’ve been hogging for a few months now!

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Ealdormann
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »
Back in February I gave a talk about Lady Godiva for the organisation History Indoors. In just under a couple of weeks I'll be giving another talk, this time on Emma of Normandy. Details should be in the forthcoming Withowinde, but I thought I'd add them here too. The talk will take place online via Zoom on Wednesday June 15th at 7pm. Sign up for free via this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/who-was-emma-of-normandy-tickets-272181511227?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

I have shared this on the Facebook page to generate more followers :)
Phyllis

Norman Yoke

• ceorl
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 12:28:50 PM »
Afternoon all,

Here’s the Zoom link to tonight’s talk, which will begin at 7pm (UK time). [size=78%]https://essex-university.zoom.us/j/97583116278[/size]

I look forward to seeing many of you there!

Best wishes,
Steven

Norman Yoke

• ceorl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you to all who came to the talk on Wednesday! I hope you enjoyed it. For those who missed it, you can watch it back on YouTube here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTPRS_dSbM

Jayson

• Hlaford
  • Knowledge is of no use unless it is passed on...
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »
---thanks, that was a very interesting talk.  I knew very little about Emma, just that she was the great-aunt of The Bastard of Normandy and that she was the second wife of Edward, but I shall now hunt for more information.

And I do look forward to more Zoom talks about our subject
Wessex Woman