Gegaderung > General Discussion

Rare coinage

(1/2) > >>

Blackdragon:
Anyone want to equip this enthusiastic Anglo Saxon re-enactor with some spare change please?
Pensioner's secret stash of rare Anglo Saxon coins sells for £185,000 (msn.com)

David:
John Cross had a fantastic collection of Anglo-Saxon coins. In particular he had a wonderful King Ælfred penny that appeared in our 2018 calendar and I believe is somewhere on our site. Maybe Phyllis can tell us where.
John also wrote about several of his coins in horsmūð over the years.

David:
John also wrote "A short history of the coinage of Anglo-Saxon England 600 -1066 AD" in our handbook, which has several images of his coins. I also have a longer version of that article, with more coins, which Jenny might like to put in wiðowinde if there is the interest.

Phyllis:

--- Quote from: David on October 05, 2021, 09:54:08 PM ---John Cross had a fantastic collection of Anglo-Saxon coins. In particular he had a wonderful King Ælfred penny that appeared in our 2018 calendar and I believe is somewhere on our site. Maybe Phyllis can tell us where.
John also wrote about several of his coins in horsmūð over the years.

--- End quote ---

The coins page is one of the pages I am trying to get properly updated so not all the content is available at the moment - I do still have all the images though and will try to get it done at some point! Unless anyone wants to volunteer to write it up? I can send the images so you know what you are working with!

Phyllis:

--- Quote from: David on October 06, 2021, 10:02:42 AM ---John also wrote "A short history of the coinage of Anglo-Saxon England 600 -1066 AD" in our handbook, which has several images of his coins. I also have a longer version of that article, with more coins, which Jenny might like to put in wiðowinde if there is the interest.

--- End quote ---

actually that would be ideal for the website if you could send it to me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version