Gegaderung > Old English Language

Two Tolkien Riddles

(1/3) > >>

Linden:
I came across these today and thought that perhaps other people too might not have seen these two OE riddles written by Tolkien.  Enjoy!

http://faculty.jbu.edu/jhimes/tolkienriddles.html

Jayson:
---thanks for this.   I go to a U3A group on Tolkien whose leader took A-S at university many years ago, so I've passed them on.   And, yes, I have told him about the English Companions but I think he has so much to do already (like all us retired lot) that at the moment he has no more time available.

peter horn:

--- Quote from: Jayson on November 27, 2010, 08:36:33 PM ------thanks for this.   I go to a U3A group on Tolkien whose leader took A-S at university many years ago, so I've passed them on.   And, yes, I have told him about the English Companions but I think he has so much to do already (like all us retired lot) that at the moment he has no more time available.

--- End quote ---

tell him he doesnt have to do anything, just join :)
Peter

Jayson:
---I'll tell him, Peter!   Meanwhile, I got the following reply from Brian Buckle, the Leader of the Group:

Dear Sonya

Many thanks for this.  I'm baffled at present; it's lucky I haven't got a hungry Gollum breathing down my neck.  I'll let the riddles rest in the back of my mind - something may emerge. With you perrmission i'll print out copies for the Group; something to keep their minds churning over Christmas.

Jayson:
---I went to the December session on Tolkien and the leader, Brian, handed out copies of the riddle to everyone and it evoked great interest.   I think the members will be working hard at the riddles over Christmas and yhou never know, we might get some more members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version