Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Anglo-Saxon Paganism  (Read 41713 times)

Æðelstān

Re: Anglo-Saxon Paganism
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 04:56:38 PM »
Hello,
I was reading an article about 'Wyrd' on the Thegns of Mercia website and saw how they said that Urðr is a cognate of Wyrd and thus we could use Weorðend (Verðandi) and Sculd (Skuld). I have thought a about this for a long time. Could we use Norse scripts, look at the language, put it into (as closely as possible) Old English and then see how these are used in AS Culture. This may be completely idiotic, but if we could connect the two similiar cultures via language and thus paint a better picture of AS Paganism.
Æðelstān