Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Behind the Scenes analysing Anglo-Saxon Rendlesham  (Read 1602 times)

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Ealdormann
Behind the Scenes analysing Anglo-Saxon Rendlesham
« on: October 10, 2020, 10:46:19 AM »
This series of talks is priving to be absolutely fantastic. You can catch up on the ones that have already taken place, and still book for the ones yet to happen. Again, these are free to attend on-line, offered via Suffolk County COuncil.

https://heritage.suffolk.gov.uk/rendlesham-behind-the-scenes

After 12 years of archaeological investigation, we have identified the site of the early East Anglian royal settlement at Rendlesham, first mentioned in the 7th century by Bede in his Ecclesiastical History of the English People.

Discover our new live series of free online talks Behind the Scenes: Analysing Anglo-Saxon Rendlesham and meet the experts who have been analysing the archaeological material from this internationally important site.

For the first time, the experts will be sharing their recent work, which tells us even more about Rendlesham as a place and its connections with the wider Anglo-Saxon world. Get your questions ready to ask the experts.

The talks are free and will be hosted live online. Book your place now below.
Phyllis

David

• Ealdormann
Re: Behind the Scenes analysing Anglo-Saxon Rendlesham
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 03:00:19 PM »
Phyllis
Thanks again. I caught on the money webinar earlier where I had poor reception at the time.
Now I have just watched the one on metal working which was good.

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Ealdormann
Re: Behind the Scenes analysing Anglo-Saxon Rendlesham
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 01:48:56 PM »
To be honest I have found all the ones I have seen very good. I just missed the first one, so still need to catch up - but they are coming thick and fast at the moment!
Phyllis