Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Society of Antiquaries Talks  (Read 880 times)

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Ealdormann
Society of Antiquaries Talks
« on: January 28, 2021, 04:26:30 PM »
There are a couple of good talks coming up in Feb and March - free to join on-line but you have to register. The Events page is here with further details, but below I picked out a couple that caught my eye

https://www.sal.org.uk/events/

18 February @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm    The Early Medieval Eye and Insular Art.
Society of Antiquaries of London Burlington House, Piccadilly, London

The Early Medieval Eye and Insular Art. The Codex Amiatinus, the Book of Kells, and the scholarship of Jennifer O’Reilly Lecture by Dr Carol Farr FSA Recent archaeological discoveries have contributed much to our understanding of the visual art created in Britain and Ireland during the seventh to ninth centuries

March 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm    IWD: Active men and Emblematizing women

International Women's Day Lecture We are delighted to have Dr Charlotte Hedenstierna-Jonson presenting a lecture on her work on women in the Viking Period for International Women's Day 2021. Dr Hedenstierna-Jonson is a faculty member of the Department of Archaeology and Ancient History at Uppsala University, Sweden
Phyllis