Welcome to the discussion forum of Ða Engliscan Gesiðas for all matters relating to the history, language and culture of Anglo-Saxon England. I hope it will provide a useful source of information, stimulate research, and be of real help. Ða Engliscan Gesiðas (The English Companions) maintains a strictly neutral line on all modern and current political and religious matters and it does not follow any particular interpretation of history. Transgression of this Rule will not be tolerated. Any posts which are perceived as breaking this Rule will be deleted with immediate effect without explanation.

Author Topic: Land of the English Kin, Studies in Wessex and Anglo-Saxon England  (Read 476 times)

Mearcstapa

• ceorl
I came upon this academic study called 'Land of the English Kin' it has a PDF file in the corner you can download the whole thing (that's several hundred pages of it) there is a lot here to get the veritable teeth into!

https://brill.com/view/title/35112

Phyllis

• Administrator
  • Hlaford
Re: Land of the English Kin, Studies in Wessex and Anglo-Saxon England
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 09:11:52 AM »
thank you so much for pointing us to that one!

I notice they have a couple of others of possible interest, namely a Companion to Geoffrey of Monmouth and Money & Coinage in the middle Ages (which does start c.400)

So many books, so little time...
Phyllis

Sæbbi

• ceorl
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »
Absolutely splendid scholarly work, well-written and to top-it-all, free to download!

Thanks for this

Sæbbi

Bowerthane

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 01:04:17 PM »
Yes, thanks Mearcstapa.